The Liverpool Willow Museum
The Liverpool Willow Museum was built in the late 1800s by John and Anna Hurst. Originally located behind their house at 814 Oswego Street, the shop was moved to its present location in the Fall of 1991.
The willow shop was given to the Village by the children of John and Anna Hurst to be used as a museum. It was dedicated on July 4, 1994.
Join Joan Cregg as she visits the Willow Museum now located at 314 Second Street and learns something of its history from Ken Hurst and Wilhma Hurst Loucks.
Ken talks about the different types of willow products that were once made in Liverpool, the tools that were needed to make willow baskets, and his family's involvement in the industry.
The Hurst family was part of the willow industry until 1929 when cheaper foreign imports put many of the local basket makers out of business.
Running Time: 29:42
©2001 Liverpool Public Library